CleanPatch® Mattress Repair System
The Problem: Mattress Damage
Surfaces in healthcare facilities have been linked to the spread of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs). Important examples of contaminated surfaces are hospital bed and stretcher mattresses, which have the second-highest number of surfaces contacts after bed rails, and have been demonstrated to harbor pathogens that have resulted in HAI outbreaks (Huslage et al, 2010).Read more
Used extensively in healthcare facilities, mattresses can become damaged from daily wear and tear, and by physical and chemical damage. A recent study at a U.S. hospital revealed that 26.9% of mattresses on adult medical-surgical beds showed occult (non-discernible) damage to the waterproof backing (Bradbury et al, 2015). In April 2013, the FDA issued a Safety Communication stating that damaged or worn medical bed mattress covers may allow blood and bodily fluids to penetrate the mattress core, posing a risk of infection to patients.
Damaged mattress surfaces cannot be properly cleaned and may become a risk to patient safety. It is important to catch damage early and restore the mattress surface to an intact and hygienic state in order to preserve performance characteristics and cleanability.
The Solution: CleanPatch®
CleanPatch® is a first-in-class FDA registered medical surface repair product that restores damaged mattresses to an intact and hygienic state. It is available in three sizes and is designed to repair over 90% of cuts, tears and punctures common to hospital bed and stretcher mattresses. CleanPatch® is Clinically Validated, Safe, Simple and Cost-Effective.
- Validated by independent Infection Prevention Professionals
- Durable and impervious to fluids under rigorous conditions
- Fully cleanable with hospital disinfectants
Safe and Simple
- Early intervention reduces the risk of cross-contamination from damaged mattresses
- Made of latex-free, biocompatible materials
- Simple peel and stick application, adheres in seconds
- Extends the life of mattresses and stretchers
- Proactively improves patient safety
- Significant savings from equipment repair versus replacement